Nestled among quiet, tree-lined suburban streets, our Elsternwick Campus offers a warm and welcoming learning environment for approximately 400 girls and boys from three years old to Year 9.
Supporting young minds during a crucial stage of development, our high teacher-to-student ratio provides students with the individualised care they need to flourish.
After Year 9, Elsternwick students continue to Year 10 at their choice of Wesley’s St Kilda Road or Glen Waverley campuses, where they are guaranteed a place. A comprehensive transition program supports Year 9 students in a confident start to Senior School.
A True Education
Wesley College is a leading co-educational, open-entry, IB World School. Established more than 150 years ago, the College has enriched the lives of thousands of students throughout its history.
At the heart of Wesley’s approach to education is our commitment to developing well rounded individuals who aspire to achieve their personal best in all areas of learning.
The College supports the development of every girl and boy from early childhood years through to Senior School, across three Melbourne metropolitan campuses.
- Elsternwick: Three-year-olds to Year 9
- Glen Waverley: Three-year-olds to Year 12
- St Kilda Road: Three-year-olds to Year 12
At Wesley, the concept of the classroom extends beyond the traditional school space to a variety of settings, contexts and physical locations which expose, immerse and connect students to real-life learning opportunities. Some of these unique opportunities include:
- a Year 9 residential program in Clunes
- three Outdoor Education Camps in Victoria – Chum Creek, Lochend and Camp Mallana
- Year 10 induction program at the Yiramalay/Wesley Studio School in the Kimberley, Western Australia
- specialist international and local tours to support students’ learning.
Wesley College is one of the top VCE and IB schools in Australia, attracting students from a diverse range of countries and cultures.
Many of our Year 12 students receive offers from their first choice of leading Australian universities. Each year, more than 50 per cent of our students accept offers from The University of Melbourne and Monash University.
- In 2020, 374 students completed their Year 12 studies; 56% of our Year 12 students studied the VCE, and 44% studied the IB DP.
- The IB DP median ATAR was 94.05.
- The Wesley combined median ATAR for VCE and IB DP was 86.40.
- Two Wesley students achieved the highest possible ATAR of 99.95.
- 46% of Wesley students attained an ATAR of 90.00 and above, placing them in the top 10% of the equivalent Year 12 cohort in Australia.
- Almost two thirds of Wesley students (64%) achieved an ATAR of 80.00 and above, placing them in the top 20% of the equivalent Year 12 cohort in Australia.
A balanced education
At Wesley, we offer a comprehensive curriculum which enables students to reach their full potential.
Wesley is the first authorised IB World School in Victoria to offer the IB curriculum framework from early childhood learning through to Year 12.
Wesley’s open, inclusive, safe and vibrant environment nurtures and stimulates each individual to develop as an active and responsible physical, emotional, intellectual, social and spiritual being.
Students are offered a rich variety of opportunities that promote academic excellence and co-curricular learning. Individual student interests are supported through a range of extension and enrichment programs, including visual and performing arts, sport, music, outdoor education and community service.
Wesley students have won countless awards for their outstanding achievements in debating, music, visual arts, drama, literary festivals, and in national academic competitions.
Boarding at Wesley
Wesley’s contemporary boarding facility, Learning in Residence, is purpose built for senior school students in Years 9 to 12, who come from metropolitan Melbourne, rural Australia, and international locations across Asia and Europe.
Enrolments are open for full-time and weekly boarding options.
The College has produced many outstanding alumni including:
- 2 former Australian Prime Ministers
- 1 Kyoto Prize winner
- 1 Nobel Laureate
- 23 Politicians
- 13 Rhodes Scholars
- 1 High Court Judge, 7 Supreme Court Judges, 2 Federal Court Judges and 1 Family Court Judge
- 36 Olympic Athletes
- A multitude of prominent Scientists, Teachers, Artists, Musicians, Actors, Leaders in Business and Philanthropy
To read about our IB Programmes, please click here.
To read more about our boarding school, please click here.
To read about our primary school, please click here.