De La Salle College Primary is located at ourTiverton Campus on High Street, Malvern.Student academic and social progression, student leadership and building confidence are a primary focus for Year 5 and 6 in preparation for commencing Year 7
Learning and Teaching
Our small class sizes allow teachers to provide students with personalised learning experiences and enables students to work towards their personal best. Students benefit from specialist teachers, targeted Literacy and Numeracy support and extension, contemporary learning, supportive wellbeing staff and a variety of co-curricular opportunities.
Primary students have access to all senior school facilities including Science and Technology in the contemporary purpose-built Rheims Centre. Core subjects including Literacy, Numeracy, Religion, GROW and Inquiry are held in the freshly renovated Duffy Building and our state-of-the-art gym and weights room is the location for Physical Education and Sport. Independent learning and socialisation are encouraged with dedicated Primary hub break-out areas.
Our approach to education is holistic, encouraging and supporting each individual student to not only learn but to personally develop through specialised classes in wellbeing and spirituality. The GROW program (Growing Responsibility for your Own Wellbeing) allows teachers to identify and support each student individually at their point of need.
To learn more please view our Curriculum Handbook.
Primary students undertake an eight-week public speaking and debating course to develop their literacy skills, build friendships by attending a College camp at the beginning of the school year, and participate in the Dendy Sports Competition. Students also have the opportunity to participate in the Year 5 - 8 High Performance Sports Program in the areas of basketball, soccer, AFL, cricket, athletics and swimming.
Primary students are encouraged to apply to be one of the many student leaders. From Years 5 to 8, students in each Mentor Group elect a Class Captain who takes on a variety of roles, as required at each Year Level.
New structure for 2022 and beyond
The De La Salle College Primary School has seen a substantial increase in enrolments in our Year 5 and 6 cohorts. As such, demand for places has necessitated the addition of two more Primary School classes in 2022 as numbers continue to grow.
From 2022 De La Salle College will run four multi-age learning spaces for our Year 5 and 6 students. This new structure offers a range of academic, wellbeing and social advantages for students and teachers.
Benefits of joining De La Salle College Primary School
- Students who join the De La Salle College Primary School are guaranteed a place for Year 7
- With access to Secondary School facilities, Primary students become familiar with our Tiverton Campus teachers and amenities. This supports the student in a seamless transition into Year 7.
- Students build strong friendships which carry them through to their final school years and beyond. De La Salle College is known for these lifelong friendships which many students refer to as a ‘brotherhood’.
- Primary students join the College community early by attending and participating in College-wide events including sporting carnivals, social justice days and major assemblies
- We provide a supportive and caring environment with strong Lasallian values, social justice morals and a sense of community for students and their parents
- Students learn to be curious, creative, critical thinkers and confidently encounter new situations with the support of their teachers
Visit our website to find out more about our wonderful Lasallian community.